- All prices listed on goAfrica are exclusive of shipping unless indicated by Supplier.
- Buyers are encouraged to discuss product prices and shipping terms with the Supplier.
- After agreeing on quotation, the Buyer will request the Supplier for a logistics quote based on the urgency of delivery and expected cost.
- Buyers are given three shipping options :
- Air Freight
- Sea Freight
- Air Express
- Based on the shipping terms agreed, the Buyer will pay shipping according to the distance the Supplier transports your goods. Terms dictate how must cost and risk is shared between Buyer and Supplier.
- The four most common terms are:
- EXW (Exit Works) – no transport arranged beyond factory/manufacturer. The Buyer must arrange and pay for entire process.
- FOB (Free on Board) – the Supplier will transport goods to their local port or airport and load the goods for shipping
- CIF (Cost, Insurance & Freight) – Supplier pays for cost of shipping to your local port/airport and pays for insurance between ports.
- DAP/DDP (Delivered at Place and Delivered and Duties Paid) – Supplier arranges door to door transportation without or with tariff and taxes
- Air freight takes approximately 10-15 days, including picking up, sorting, uplifting, customs clearance at destination and last-mile delivery.
- Air freight is most suitable for high value, low volume shipments, such as electronics or other high value items.
- Sea freight takes approximately 40-60 days, including picking up, sailing, customs clearance at port of entry, inland transit and last-mile delivery.
- Sea freight is most suitable for low value, high volume goods or non-urgent shipments
- Air express takes approximately 5 to 7 days this includes pick up, sorting , uplift, customs clearance at destination and last mile delivery.
- Air express enjoys quick customs clearance but can be the costlier option.
- 10-15 days
- 40-60 days
- 5-7 days
goAfrica is currently offering the following logistics services :
- We provide customized delivery service to our buyer’s premises in capital cities.
- You need to pick up the shipments from our warehouse or request us for a local courier service to deliver to a destination outside capital cities.